YouTube has seen its video uploads grow 50 percent over the last year: Users are now uploading 72 hours of video every minute, compared to 48 hours just a year ago. The Google-owned video site announced the milestone Sunday night to celebrate its seventh birthday.
The amount of video uploaded to YouTube has increased steadily over the last few years. In early 2007, users were uploading six hours of video every minute to the site. By January of 2009, that number had grown to 15 hours. By March of 2010, the total reached 24 hours, only to go up to 35 hours by November of that year.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Liebelt
- What's Hot? 12/06/13Friday, December 06, 2013
- Five Teen Trends for 2014 And BeyondThursday, December 05, 2013
- Teens' Social Media Can Hurt College ChancesWednesday, December 04, 2013
- Study: Parents Clueless About Tech's Dangers to Teen HearingMonday, November 25, 2013
- What's Hot? 11/22/13Friday, November 22, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content