YouTube has seen its video uploads grow 50 percent over the last year: Users are now uploading 72 hours of video every minute, compared to 48 hours just a year ago. The Google-owned video site announced the milestone Sunday night to celebrate its seventh birthday.
The amount of video uploaded to YouTube has increased steadily over the last few years. In early 2007, users were uploading six hours of video every minute to the site. By January of 2009, that number had grown to 15 hours. By March of 2010, the total reached 24 hours, only to go up to 35 hours by November of that year.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Liebelt
- Teen Drinking Linked to Tougher Transition to AdulthoodThursday, July 24, 2014
- Guidelines for Buying a Used Car for a Teen DriverWednesday, July 23, 2014
- Add Caffeine Powder to List of Teen RisksTuesday, July 22, 2014
- More Millennials Living With Family Than SeniorsMonday, July 21, 2014
- What's Hot? 07/18/14Friday, July 18, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content