YouTube has seen its video uploads grow 50 percent over the last year: Users are now uploading 72 hours of video every minute, compared to 48 hours just a year ago. The Google-owned video site announced the milestone Sunday night to celebrate its seventh birthday.
The amount of video uploaded to YouTube has increased steadily over the last few years. In early 2007, users were uploading six hours of video every minute to the site. By January of 2009, that number had grown to 15 hours. By March of 2010, the total reached 24 hours, only to go up to 35 hours by November of that year.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Liebelt
- Cost of Raising a Child Born in 2013 Nears $250KTuesday, August 19, 2014
- Fewer Children Being Born Outside Of Marriage Monday, August 18, 2014
- What's Hot? 08/15/14Friday, August 15, 2014
- Part Time Teen Job Means Better Earnings Later In LifeThursday, August 14, 2014
- Aggressive Behavior Increases Teen DrinkingWednesday, August 13, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content