Below is the latest “Questions and Ethics” query. Help me answer this question by telling me your thoughts in the comments. I’ll weigh in later. And remember to send me your real-life ethical dilemma to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dear Dr. Moore,
In the middle of my premarital counseling with our pastor, I found out that my fiance has had, what he calls, ongoing struggles with pornography. I was kind of floored by this because I hadn’t known anything about it until now. One of the things that drew me to this man was his call to gospel ministry.
I remember your question you answered earlier about finding out about a future spouse’s past, but this, to me, is a little further down the road in the process and more is immediately at stake. Can you help me know what to do? Should I just go forward, or what? How will I know that this is sufficiently addressed? And I don’t have much time because the wedding is right around the corner.
Engaged and Confused
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Russell Moore
- What Martin Luther King Can Teach Us About PreachingTuesday, September 03, 2013
- What’s at Stake with Internet PornographyWednesday, July 24, 2013
- Racial Justice and the Godness of GodMonday, July 15, 2013
- How Should You Explain the Same-Sex Marriage Debate to Your Children?Monday, July 01, 2013
- How Should Same-Sex Marriage Change the Church’s Witness?Thursday, June 27, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content