Accept Any and All Substitutes for Surrogates
- Friday, September 25, 2009
Questions? Comments? Contact the writer at email@example.com.
- Language/Profanity: "Meatbag"; "s-it"; "crappy"; "oh my God"; crude reference to male anatomy; "son of a b-tch."
- Smoking/Drinking/Drugs: Surrogates take hits of a drug.
- Sex/Nudity: Man and woman shown lying down, kissing briefly; woman in a bikini; club scene shows a man kissing two women, erotic dancing; passionate kissing; bare-chested men.
- Violence/Crime: Surrogates are shot with a special weapon; surrogate body shown split in two; car crash kills bystanders; human operators in "stim chairs" are shown dead; some surrogates are said to have committed suicide; battles, explosions and gunfire; a man assaults a woman; motorcycle accident; helicopter crash; a man falls and hits construction beams on his way down; car strikes surrogates; fluid squirts from severed surrogate arm; a corpse is burned; Greer recounts the loss of family in a car accident; surrogate faces are peeled back at the surrogate beauty salon; gunfight among adults at an elementary school; Greer pierces a surrogate's head, disabling him; another out-of-control car chase; surrogate holds a man at gunpoint; green liquid oozes from surrogate gunshot wound to the head.
- Marriage/Family: Greer longs to reconnect with his wife, who prefers her surrogate life.
- Religion: A leader of an anti-surrogate faction is named the Prophet, and he tells his followers, "We're not meant to experience the world through a machine"; a woman shoots a surrogate and calls him "an abomination"; the Prophet says humans "did not throw the first stone, but we will throw the last," and that "when you sacrifice for a greater good, you never die."
Recently on Movies
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content