Action-Packed Robin Hood Runs Long
- Friday, May 14, 2010
- Language/Profanity: Lord's name taken in vain; some profanity; a woman's husband is said to be visiting brothels; crude jokes.
- Smoking/Drinking/Drugs: A king drinks wine in his dying moments; a friar directs men where to find alcohol, and recommends his preferred drink; he is seen drinking later; wine drinking at dinner; drinking during a party.
- Sex/Nudity: A man and woman have sex under a sheet, and the man's mother walks in on them and starts to converse; the son stands naked in front of his mother, but nothing is shown; kissing; Robin stares at Marion's rear end; a woman is seen undressing to her nightclothes; Marion removes Robin's chain mail; women emerging from a house are clearly suggested to have slept with a group of men the night before.
- Violence/Crime: Arrows are shot, with lethal consequences; a man catches fire; a fiery explosion incinerates several men; trees fall on men and their horses; an ambush in the forest; sword killings; a man is dragged by a horse; a mother slaps her son; a threat to sever one's manhood; a village is attacked and burned; a man is stabbed.
- Religion: Robin returns from the Crusades and speaks of the horror of killing Muslims; God and the church are discussed several times; discussion of fate, luck and grace; a graveside prayer asking God to admit someone at the gates of eternity; Robin says certain things are God's gifts; a burial ritual; a ruler says he didn't make himself king, but God did.
Recently on Movies
Grieving for Foley and his FamilyJournalist murdered by IS was a man of faith
Why We Don't Share Our FaithWe know we should evangelize, here are 5 reasons we don't.
Are You a "Good News" Christian?We cannot preach at people without building relationships.
The Week Ice was HotWhat an ALS family really thinks of the ice bucket challenge
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Example: "Gen 1:1" "John 3" "Moses" "trust"
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content