Action-Packed Robin Hood Runs Long
- Friday, May 14, 2010
- Language/Profanity: Lord's name taken in vain; some profanity; a woman's husband is said to be visiting brothels; crude jokes.
- Smoking/Drinking/Drugs: A king drinks wine in his dying moments; a friar directs men where to find alcohol, and recommends his preferred drink; he is seen drinking later; wine drinking at dinner; drinking during a party.
- Sex/Nudity: A man and woman have sex under a sheet, and the man's mother walks in on them and starts to converse; the son stands naked in front of his mother, but nothing is shown; kissing; Robin stares at Marion's rear end; a woman is seen undressing to her nightclothes; Marion removes Robin's chain mail; women emerging from a house are clearly suggested to have slept with a group of men the night before.
- Violence/Crime: Arrows are shot, with lethal consequences; a man catches fire; a fiery explosion incinerates several men; trees fall on men and their horses; an ambush in the forest; sword killings; a man is dragged by a horse; a mother slaps her son; a threat to sever one's manhood; a village is attacked and burned; a man is stabbed.
- Religion: Robin returns from the Crusades and speaks of the horror of killing Muslims; God and the church are discussed several times; discussion of fate, luck and grace; a graveside prayer asking God to admit someone at the gates of eternity; Robin says certain things are God's gifts; a burial ritual; a ruler says he didn't make himself king, but God did.
Recently on Movies
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
advertise with us
Example: "Gen 1:1" "John 3" "Moses" "trust"
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Materialism vs. Reality: A Worldview Just Not Big EnoughEric Metaxas & John StonestreetListen now on OnePlace.com
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content