Brothers Buries Its Most Interesting Themes
- Friday, December 04, 2009
- Language/Profanity: Lord's name taken vain; multiple profanities, including several uses of the "f" word.
- Smoking/Drinking/Drugs: Multiple scenes of smoking and drinking; references to drunken driving.
- Sex/Nudity: Young girl in a bathtub is naked; a married couple kiss and are shown later in bed, talking and kissing; a woman in a bathtub is covered in bubbles; man shown in his underwear; a married woman kisses a man who's not her husband.
- Violence/Crime: A helicopter is shot down during wartime; POWs have a gun pointed at them; prisoner is shot in the head; torture involves placing a hot iron against exposed skin; a soldier is beaten to death; a man is shot from above; destruction of personal property; a man points a gun at his own head.
- Marriage/Family: A man removes his wedding ring and gives it to his wife, who wears it next to a cross pendant on her necklace.
Religion: A woman says grace "in Christ our Lord" and prays for the safety of her child; a stepmother says her stepson, who she believes has died, is with his mother in the afterlife.
Recently on Movies
A Radical View on WomenWhy it matters to us that women first discovered the empty tomb
Heaven is for RealVideo Review: Our take on the latest big-budget Christian film
Beauty In Unexpected Places I don't want to be someone who can't handle the hard things
When to Just Say "No"Not every serving opportunity is for you, don't let them stress you
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
advertise with us
Example: "Gen 1:1" "John 3" "Moses" "trust"
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content