Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 is a Feast for the Eyes
- Friday, September 27, 2013
Given that it’s a movie with the kiddie set in mind, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 is decidedly light on social commentary. In fact, the screenwriters don’t even seem particularly confident about what happens if the machine wound up in the wrong hands. What does seem to be a priority, however, is serving up a memorable story that’s borderline kooky. Such exotic creatures naturally make for engaging visuals, and that’s, perhaps, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2’s greatest asset.
Characterized by lively animation, a madcap sense of humor and the quiet determination of Flint himself, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 won’t probably be considered an animated classic. Nonetheless, like this past summer’s Despicable Me 2, it’s sure a lot of fun as it embraces the spirit of Barrett’s original work and transports the audience to a wild, wacky new world where it’s actually dangerous when food becomes your friend—an intriguing prospect indeed.
CAUTIONS (may contain spoilers):
- Drugs/Alcohol: None, unless you count the nearly non-stop caffeine served up at the LiveCorp offices.
- Language/Profanity: A few instances of rude scatological humor. No actual profanity, though. As close as they come is saying “crapballs” or “darn.”
- Sex/Nudity: A male police officer is briefly shown wearing a dress. Flint and Sam kiss on a couple of occasions.
- Violence: The violence is mostly of the slapstick variety, i.e. a man getting hit in the crotch with a softball.
*This Review Published 9/27/2013
Recently on Movies
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content