Damon Weighs in with Great Performance in The Informant!
- Friday, September 18, 2009
Whitacre's feigned ignorance as to his motives in the scandal may leave some viewers scratching their heads, wondering why he engaged in the behavior depicted in The Informant! and what he hoped to gain through it. The Bible suggests an answer: "Whoever loves money never has money enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with his income. This too is meaningless." (Eccles. 5:10) The writer of Hebrews says, "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, ‘Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.'" (13:5)
Faith does not appear to be a part of Whitacre's life, but greed is a major part. In that, Whitacre's life serves as an example for others, and reminds of these other inspired words: "What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?" (Mark 8:36)
Questions? Comments? Contact the writer at email@example.com.
- Language/Profanity: "J-sus";"s"-word; multiple variations of the "f"-word; "p-ss."
- Smoking/Drinking/Drugs: Speculation that Whitacre is putting money "up his nose"; some drinking.
- Sex/Nudity: None, but a comment about men who buy girls' panties.
- Violence/Crime: Price-fixing and stealing of corporate funds; "garden variety greed" is the explanation of one character's crime.
- Marriage: Whitacre's co-worker claims a woman's marriage won't last; speculation the Whitacre is having an affair.
Lying: At the heart of the film is a character's compulsive lying; he claims not to know why he engages in deception.
Recently on Movies
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content