Futile Clash Leaves Titanic Sense of Disappointment
- Friday, April 02, 2010
- Language/Profanity: "bast-rd"; "b-tch"
- Smoking/Drinking/Drugs: None.
- Sex/Nudity: A king's wife sleeps with another man; no nudity but they are shown being discovered; Perseus pins a woman down and they look at each other longingly.
- Violence/Crime: A woman's face withers; a virgin sacrifice is central to the humans' idea of how to appease the gods; a character seeks revenge against Hades; a sword fight; a man is ripped apart and another is shot; people are run through with swords, limbs are cut off and a severed hand is shown twitching on the ground; humans fight several giant scorpions; man is vomited upon by a giant bug; Medusa turns people to stone in the Underworld; Medusa is raped; a character is decapitated; a woman is stabbed and tossed aside; a man is run over by a horse.
- Religion: Story is built on myths of Greek gods; man is said to war against the gods, who depend on human prayers and fear for their existence; humans grow too strong and become a threat to the gods; gods conspire to have humans turn against each other, and thereby create more dependency on the gods; a human character says, "The gods need us"; a character says Hades is offering them "salvation" and that they must pray to the one now offering redemption through blood; prophecies are mentioned.
Recently on Movies
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
advertise with us
Example: "Gen 1:1" "John 3" "Moses" "trust"
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content