Futile Clash Leaves Titanic Sense of Disappointment
- Friday, April 02, 2010
- Language/Profanity: "bast-rd"; "b-tch"
- Smoking/Drinking/Drugs: None.
- Sex/Nudity: A king's wife sleeps with another man; no nudity but they are shown being discovered; Perseus pins a woman down and they look at each other longingly.
- Violence/Crime: A woman's face withers; a virgin sacrifice is central to the humans' idea of how to appease the gods; a character seeks revenge against Hades; a sword fight; a man is ripped apart and another is shot; people are run through with swords, limbs are cut off and a severed hand is shown twitching on the ground; humans fight several giant scorpions; man is vomited upon by a giant bug; Medusa turns people to stone in the Underworld; Medusa is raped; a character is decapitated; a woman is stabbed and tossed aside; a man is run over by a horse.
- Religion: Story is built on myths of Greek gods; man is said to war against the gods, who depend on human prayers and fear for their existence; humans grow too strong and become a threat to the gods; gods conspire to have humans turn against each other, and thereby create more dependency on the gods; a human character says, "The gods need us"; a character says Hades is offering them "salvation" and that they must pray to the one now offering redemption through blood; prophecies are mentioned.
Recently on Movies
Do You Know Your Bible?New quiz tests your knowledge of 15 passages!
Want the Power to Change?You'll have to kick these 5 habits to the curb first
What is a 'Bad Christian'?The guys behind BadChristian.com share their passion with us
"The November Man"Can Pierce Brosnan still pull off spy shenanigans at 61?
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Example: "Gen 1:1" "John 3" "Moses" "trust"
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content