Hurt's So Good in The Yellow Handkerchief
- Monday, March 15, 2010
- Language/Profanity: Lord's name taken in vain; "stuck-up b-tch"; "piece of s-it" and other foul language, including the "f"-word; a character extends his middle finger at another character.
- Smoking/Drinking/Drugs: Alcoholic beverages are ordered at a restaurant and consumed; a man blames a sexual encounter on being drunk; Martine gives Brett a pack of cigarettes; Gordy tells of getting drunk and falling off a roof.
- Sex/Nudity: A man tells Martine he made a mistake with her the night before; Gordy tells Martine that sleeping next to her on a motel bed "kind of gets me horny"; he kisses her, then rolls on top of her, and she pushes him off; a man grabs and gropes a woman while kissing her, and she resists; Martine says Gordy tried to rape her, but Brett scoffs at the idea and tells her to "get over it"; Brett showers with May and takes her clothes off, and this is seen through a foggy shower door; May lies on top of Brett, who's shirtless on a bed; the camera follows May's bare back in bed, down to the top of her buttocks; Brett rolls on top of May in bed, and she doesn't resist.
- Violence/Crime: A woman struggles against a man who's pinned her against a wall, and screams, "Get off me!"; Brett has a previous criminal record; drops of blood indicate a miscarriage; discussion of abortion; a man is instantly killed by a blow from another man.
- Religion: None mentioned specifically, but discussion of forgiveness permeates the film; May says she "forgives too easily," and that has gotten her into trouble; Gordy whispers to a deer and claims that his Native American upbringing teaches him that animals are sacred; May tells Brett she thought he was going to give her a "clean slate" in terms of past wrongs; a character speaks of another's character's "fate."
Recently on Movies
So Much More Than Presents7 ways to make Christmas come alive for your little ones
One of Our Favorite Things?What did you think of the live version of "Sound of Music"?
Lost in the Hustle and BustleHow will people on the street answer: "What is Christmas?"
When Community is HardIs it really worth the effort to build community in the church?
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
advertise with us
Example: "Gen 1:1" "John 3" "Moses" "trust"
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content