Jack Reacher a Victim of Really Bad Timing
- Friday, December 21, 2012
While the poor timing for a violent movie isn’t ultimately the fault of the filmmakers behind Jack Reacher, it still can’t help but give many potential viewers pause when considering whether watching on the big screen this Christmas is ultimately worth their time.
- Drugs/Alcohol: Social drinking. Mention of a character who cooks crystal meth. We also see an older woman who’s strung out on drugs.
- Language/Profanity: Instances where Jesus’s name is misused. A handful of expletives including sh--, dam-, he--, as- and one use of fu--. A man is called a pu--y.
- Sex/Nudity: We briefly see a woman’s bare back as she puts her bra on after an implied sexual encounter. A young woman used to unsuccessfully seduce Jack is labeled a “whore,” “slut” and “easy.”
- Violence: Five people are shot in the opening sequence, including a young woman holding a child. The shootings are shown a few times throughout the case, even from the vantage point of the shooter as he readies his kill shot. Gunplay is shown in several other scenes as well. There are several scenes where people’s heads are bashed with heavy objects or someone’s fist. Hand-to-hand combat, stabbings and the snapping of people’s necks shown. A man is kicked repeatedly in the groin. A woman has a gun pointed to her head. A man graphically details how he surrendered his fingers by chewing them off in order to avoid frostbite. He commands another man to do the same, but when he refuses, he’s immediately shot.
Christa Banister is an author and full-time freelancer writer, specializing in music, movies and books-related reviews and interviews and is the author of two novels, Around the World in 80 Dates and Blessed Are the Meddlers. Based in Dallas, Texas, she also weighs in on various aspects of pop culture on her personal blog.
Publication date: December 21, 2012
Recently on Movies
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content