Law Abiding Citizen Hits One of the Year's Low Points
- Friday, October 16, 2009
Questions? Comments? Contact the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Language/Profanity: "Swear to G-d"; Helen Keller joke; the "f" word, including "motherf--ker"; "crazy-a--"; "hard-a--"; reference to male sex organ; "sh-t"; "a--holes"; "dumb--s"; reference to anal sex; "b—ch."
- Smoking/Drinking/Drugs: Drugs are snorted.
- Sex/Nudity: A woman is raped during a home invasion, and although there is no nudity, we see the perpetrator looking down on the woman as he finishes assaulting her; a woman's bare backside; male rear nudity.
- Violence/Crime: Home invasion depicted, with a man bound and witness to the off-screen murders of his wife and daughter; a lawyer says "some justice is better than no justice at all"; death by lethal injection doesn't go smoothly; an executed man's corpse is badly bruised; police are shot at; a police officer is carjacked; forcible injection of a drug; a temporarily paralyzed man can still feel pain, and is threatened with various forms of torture; we see brief shots of his tormenter cutting into him with a saw, then the aftermath, when the man's head appears to be separated from his body, and blood is everywhere; an inmate stabs another inmate to death; a man bent on revenge says his acts have nothing to do with vengeance; multiple explosions, including car bombs; punching; machine-gunning of automobiles; a missile hits its target.
- Marriage/Family: A man avenges the murder of his wife and daughter.
- Religion: The killer's catch phrase is, "You can't fight fate"; a man threatens "biblical" retaliation; reference to a movie about good conquering evil and the righteous prospering.
Recently on Movies
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content