Mel Gibson's Apocalypto - It's No Bloody Good
- Friday, December 08, 2006
AUDIENCE: Adults only
- Language/Profanity: A few profanities are translated in the subtitles.
- Drugs/Alcohol: None.
- Sex/Nudity: Sexual-performance humor, much of which involves one man carrying out the “recommendations” of his friends; a nude man cups his genitals; discussion of infertility; native dress is revealing; attack on a village includes scenes of nudity, but nothing erotic.
- Violence: Extreme and excessive scenes of attacks, bludgeoning, beating, removal of body organs, beheadings, animal attacks, impaling; a cut is made near an eye to relieve a buildup of pressure; people with “the sickness” are treated cruelly or ignored; a mother uses bugs to treat a child’s wounds; an open mass grave; a snake bites a man; blood spurts from the side of a head; a woman and child face the threat of drowning.
- Spirituality: Mayans worship gods who demand human sacrifice; those who are about to die are advised to “travel well”; prayer to other gods; discussion of souls that wait for others to join them; a prophesy about impending death; “resting fathers” are called upon.
Recently on Movies
Guardians of the GalaxySummer's surprise hit full of action, humor, music
Married, Praying SoloIs there a reason why my husband won't pray with me?
A Film for the Faithful"Calvary" honestly depicts the difficult walk of Christian faith
When Life Hands You LemonsThose with a 'zest' for life can do more than make lemonade
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Example: "Gen 1:1" "John 3" "Moses" "trust"
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content