Mel Gibson's Apocalypto - It's No Bloody Good
- Friday, December 08, 2006
AUDIENCE: Adults only
- Language/Profanity: A few profanities are translated in the subtitles.
- Drugs/Alcohol: None.
- Sex/Nudity: Sexual-performance humor, much of which involves one man carrying out the “recommendations” of his friends; a nude man cups his genitals; discussion of infertility; native dress is revealing; attack on a village includes scenes of nudity, but nothing erotic.
- Violence: Extreme and excessive scenes of attacks, bludgeoning, beating, removal of body organs, beheadings, animal attacks, impaling; a cut is made near an eye to relieve a buildup of pressure; people with “the sickness” are treated cruelly or ignored; a mother uses bugs to treat a child’s wounds; an open mass grave; a snake bites a man; blood spurts from the side of a head; a woman and child face the threat of drowning.
- Spirituality: Mayans worship gods who demand human sacrifice; those who are about to die are advised to “travel well”; prayer to other gods; discussion of souls that wait for others to join them; a prophesy about impending death; “resting fathers” are called upon.
Recently on Movies
About Those Bedroom Pics...Is it okay to take revealing photos of myself for my husband?
Say Nope to Dope?Kenny Luck shares some thoughts on marijuana usage
Ahhh, Pinterest Perfect!But what really makes for a beautiful home at Christmas?
Kids and ChristmasWhat do you want your children to know about the holiday?
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
advertise with us
Example: "Gen 1:1" "John 3" "Moses" "trust"
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content