Meryl Streep Shines Once Again in It's Complicated
- Friday, December 25, 2009
- Drugs/Alcohol: Copious amounts of social drinking, including one situation that leads to Jane's and Jake's future sexual escapades. In one extended scene played for laughs, Jane and Adam share a joint.
- Language/Profanity: Surprisingly light for an R-rated movie. A couple of instances where the Lord's name is exclaimed, plus a couple of minor expletives.
- Sex/Nudity: Sex is a frequent subject among the over-50 set in this movie. There's some frank discussion about the lack thereof in Jane's life before reconnecting with Jake. Fertility is another common topic since Jake and his much-younger wife Agness are having trouble trying to conceive. None of the future sex scenes between Jane and Jack are particularly explicit, mostly just foreplay is shown. Jake, who is shirtless in a few scenes (almost as a joke, given his chubby physique), accidentally flashes Adam on Skype while Jane is in the bathroom (his bare bottom is shown).
- Violence: Nothing that's not of a comedic nature.
Christa Banister is a full-time freelancer writer, specializing in music, movies and books-related reviews and interviews and is the author of two novels, Around the World in 80 Dates and Blessed Are the Meddlers. Based in St. Paul, Minn., she also weighs in on various aspects of pop culture on her personal blog.
For more information, including her upcoming book signings and sample chapters of her novels, check out her Website.
Recently on Movies
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content