Nonsensical Logic, Multiple Endings Ruin Revolver
- Friday, March 21, 2008
Ritchie makes things appear even more self-important by throwing in a slew of pompous quotes, which he flashes onscreen so fast you’re sure he’s attempting subliminal mind control. Frankly, it feels like he just spent way too much time at the local Kabbalah center. Either it’s an action movie or it’s a Deepak Chopra video, Guy. Decide.
As if all this psychobabble isn’t enough, Ritchie ends with a series of interviews during the final credits. Cue Deepak Chopra again (he has a cameo), who offers this theory: “In religion, the ego manifests as the devil. And, of course, no one realizes how smart the ego is because it created the devil, so you could blame someone else.”
Which may explain why Ritchie wrote and directed this film. The devil made him do it.
- Director’s commentary
- Deleted Scenes and Outtakes
- “The Concept” featurette
- “The Game: The Making of Revolver” featurette
- Drugs/Alcohol: Characters drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes throughout film.
- Language/Profanity: Numerous obscenities and profanities, many strong.
- Sexual Content/Nudity: Partial nudity and a few graphic sexual scenes.
- Violence: Very strong violence including multiple threats and repeated murders, many of which are bloody and graphic. In one scene, a child’s life is threatened by a sadistic killer. Numerous scenes involving brutal torture, including a man being set on fire, another strung up by his feet and repeatedly dipped into cold water; a man’s hand is nailed to a table.
Recently on Movies
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content