Otherworldly Avatar Familiar in the Worst Way
- Friday, December 18, 2009
- Language/Profanity: Lord's name taken in vain; foul language; a man in a wheelchair is referred to as "Special K" and "meals on wheels"; Na'vi are referred to as "savages"; "kiss my …"
- Smoking/Drinking/Drugs: Multiple scenes of smoking.
- Sex/Nudity: The Na'vis' breasts and buttocks are partially covered; a sex scene is shot from above and involves kissing and caressing; a crude reference to "local tail."
- Violence/Crime: Dead body of robbery victim is shown; the Na'vi fire poison-tipped darts at avatars; Sully is grabbed by a creature, tossed, then jumps off a cliff; dog-like creatures attack Sully, who fends them off with a torch; one creature is shot with an arrow; the creature's neck is pierced with a knife; Sully falls off a horse-like creature; destruction of forest and Na'vi environment; gunfire; a knife fight; a Na'vi is impaled; punching; a person points a gun into the neck of a guard.
- Religion: A colonel tells his men, "If there is a hell, you might want to go there for a little R&R"; a tree is said to be sacred, home to "very pure spirits"; the Na'vi deity is a goddess named Eywa, whose will is interpreted by a Na'vi mystic; the Na'vi fear "demons"; the Na'vi have a "spiritual leader, like a shaman"; Eywa is "made up of every living thing"; Na'vi are said to embrace "tree-hugger crap"; the Na'vi say everyone is born twice; a holy tree is called a "place for prayers to be heard—and sometimes answered"; a Na'vi worship service of sorts, at their holy tree.
Recently on Movies
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Example: "Gen 1:1" "John 3" "Moses" "trust"
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content