Politics Gets Some Comic Relief in Swing Vote
- Friday, August 01, 2008
- Drugs/Alcohol: Bud likes his beer, and he’s shown drinking it in several scenes. He’s also passed out from too much of it in several others, but eventually comes around.
- Language/Profanity: Plenty of your standard-issue profanity and multiple instances of the Lord’s name taken in vain.
- Sex/Nudity: There’s some revealing outfits worn by a few ladies camped out in front of Bud’s trailer.
- Violence: Only of a comedic nature.
- Religion: Molly reprimands her dad for using Jesus’ name as a curse word because “He’s a billion people’s savior, ya know.”
- Politics: Unlike many movies of a satirical nature, the politics are fairly balanced and mostly without agenda. Comedic light is made of hot-button topics like gay marriage, abortion, etc., given their volatile political ties these days.
Christa Banister is a full-time freelancer writer, specializing in music, movies and books-related reviews and interviews and is the author of two novels, Around the World in 80 Dates and Blessed Are the Meddlers. Based in St. Paul, Minn., she also weighs in on various aspects of pop culture on her personal blog.
For more information, including her upcoming book signings and sample chapters of her novels, check out her Website.
Recently on Movies
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content