Prince Avalanche Reverses David Gordon Green's Directorial Slide
- Friday, August 16, 2013
Not everything works in Prince Avalanche, but its oddness makes for a unique viewing experience. It's a major comeback for Green, who has found a way to marry his arthouse instincts with the appeal of commercial comedies. It's a strange bird, and its strangeness is its great strength.
CAUTIONS (may contain spoilers):
- Language/Profanity: Lord’s name taken in vain; “god-amn”; discussion of “getting laid” and “getting the little man squeezed”; sexual references; “sack of crap”; middle finger extended
- Drinking/Smoking: A trucker gives Lance and Alvin beer and liquor; a man smokes and is said to “look stupid”; a longing to “get drunk for three months”; Alvin and Lance try to paint lines in the road while drunk; a character says he has a lot of prescription medications but tries not to use them
- Sex/Nudity: Lance tells Alvin he wants to meet women on the weekend and have sex; a man is shown masturbating in a sleeping bag; Lance tries to discuss the pre-marital sex life of Alvin’s girlfriend; discussion of sexual intimacies and recollection of sex with a woman; a trucker says a man should never sleep with a woman more than three times; discussion of pregnancy and possible abortion
- Violence/Crime: An animal carcass is fried in a pan; a dead turtle is shown, crushed, in the road
- Religion/Morals/Marriage: A verbal reference to life being “sometimes heaven, sometimes hell”; Alvin says he couldn’t pursue women on Sunday because everyone was at church; a couple of mention of “miracles” happening
Questions? Comments? Contact the writer at email@example.com.
Publication date: August 16, 2013
Recently on Movies
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content