Sci-Fi Not So Appealing or Funny in Gentlemen Broncos
- Friday, November 06, 2009
- Language/Profanity: "Apes-it"; an author says his book contains "mild swearing and … violence"; multiple reference to "gonads"; "cr-p"; a woman asks to borrow money to buy tampons; "bast-rdizing my work"; "bu-thole."
- Smoking/Drinking/Drugs: A woman appears to down several pills with liquor after her advances are rejected by a younger man.
- Sex/Nudity: None, but a strange scene of a man cooing into a woman's ear while lotion is rubbed into her hand; book-cover illustrations and action scenes of women whose breasts are used as lethal weapons; an injured literary hero is said to "sew his junk back on," and we see a shot of him doing this, clothed, from behind; a woman tells a man that they "shared suckle at my mother's breast"; Benjamin's friend says his mom is "smokin' hot"; mother reviews an insert from her bra; a woman enters a hotel room where Benjamin is waiting for her, but nothing transpires; verbal reference to "mammary cannon," "breast meat," ovaries, "gorgeous hag"; Benjamin's mother sells something called "country balls," the name of which leads to double entendres; kissing after an instance of vomiting; a transsexual character mentions how large his breasts are; mother is propositioned by a fashion designer; Benjamin complains that a director has turned the protagonist in Benjamin's story "into a tranny."
- Violence/Crime: A cat attacks a man; injection of a drug; some gross-out scenes of animal defecation; blow-dart attacks; a flying deer shoots at people on the ground, and the hero fights back by spraying a purple stream of liquid from his mouth; scenes of vomiting, with leftover vomit shown on the faces of the sick; an actor says he punched a director in the neck; Benjamin throws a statue through the window of a man who propositioned his mother, and the man responds by shooting at Benjamin and his mother with a pistol; more B-movie violence includes footage of actors being shot and killed.
- Religion: Benjamin is assigned a "Guardian Angel" from his church, because, his mother says, Benjamin doesn't have any friends; a painting of Jesus hangs on the wall of Benjamin's home; shot of mother and son in church listening to a choir; Benjamin's mother asks him to pray that a designer would like the collection of gowns she's designed; Chevalier makes a prayer-like gesture toward a fan and says, "May the gods bless you."
Recently on Movies
The Desolation of SmaugRead our review of Peter Jackson's second Hobbit film
So, Before We Get Married...10 topics you need to talk about first
What is the Christmas Star?Learn about it in a holiday edition of 'Ask Roger'
Food Addiction Led Me to JesusDr. Rhona Epstein shares a testimony of becoming free
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
advertise with us
Example: "Gen 1:1" "John 3" "Moses" "trust"
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content