SNL-Based MacGruber is Predictably Vulgar
- Friday, May 21, 2010
- Language/Profanity: Lord's name ("Jesus" and "God") taken in vain several times; various characters use several forms of the "f" word liberally throughout the film, almost to excess; additional uses of foul language and vulgarities, including slang profanity, are sprinkled heavily throughout the movie.
- Smoking/Drinking/Drugs: None.
- Sex/Nudity: Partial nudity of MacGuber's buttocks in one scene and full rear nudity of MacGruber in another scene that is a sexually graphic situation (see following section). There is also a scene wherein an elderly woman's full breasts are shown as she is posing for a painting.
- Sexual situations: This movie has intense, graphic, and crude sexual situations and jokes, including: the villain has a notably vulgar name, which whenever spoken, invariably sounds like the crude slang word for a woman's genitals; sexual intercourse being graphically acted out (no nudity); dialogue that contains explicit references to specific homosexual acts, and humorous references to sexual body parts.
- Violence: Violence is on par with any action/adventure film—men shot in the torso/head, throats being literally ripped out (complete with spurts of blood), a man being crushed by a car, assorted fight scenes that end in death.
Recently on Movies
Care First, Then Critique5 ways to place affection before criticism in your marriage
You Didn't Do What You SayKids will encounter hypocrisy in the church... and their parents
Back to School: Dad's RoleMarried or single, fathers are important to academic success
Sports, Brotherhood, & GodJim Caviezel speaks to all 3 as he talks about his latest film
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Example: "Gen 1:1" "John 3" "Moses" "trust"
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content