The Last Song Has a Familiar Refrain
- Monday, April 05, 2010
- Language/Profanity: "da-mit"; "b-tch"; "d-mn"
- Smoking/Drinking/Drugs: Couples kiss and pass a bottle around, but Ronnie refuses and says she doesn't drink.
- Sex/Nudity: Lots of bare-chested beach volleyball players and girls in bikinis; kissing; Ronnie's brother says PMS stands for "Pissed at Men Syndrome"; Ronnie's friend says she broke up with her boyfriend and moved out.
- Violence/Crime: A man is dragged from a fiery building; Ronnie says she once was caught stealing; she refuses to take merchandise that hasn't been paid for from a friend; later, Ronnie is accused of stealing when a friend sticks merchandise in Ronnie's bag without her noticing; discussion of a fatal car accident; punching and a threat with a crowbar.
- Marriage/Divorce: Ronnie's parents live apart from one another, and the mother tells the father, "We hurt them, especially Ronnie," in reference to their split; a parent tells Ronnie that they had "a really good marriage," but that "love's not always enough."
- Religion: Ronnie's dad is accused of accidentally burning down a church; he makes a stained-glass window for the rebuilt church; a dying man tells his son he's not going anywhere, and that every time light shines through a window, that's a sign of his presence; one of the film's themes is that humans make mistakes, but then forgive and move forward; a funeral scene at a church.
Recently on Movies
Faith and Football"When the Game Stands Tall" is a much better film than you think
Grieving for Foley and his FamilyJournalist murdered by IS was a man of faith
Why We Don't Share Our FaithWe know we should evangelize, here are 5 reasons we don't.
Are You a "Good News" Christian?We cannot preach at people without building relationships.
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Example: "Gen 1:1" "John 3" "Moses" "trust"
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content