There’s Not Much Incentive to Meet Dave
- Friday, July 11, 2008
- Drugs/Alcohol: Social drinking shown.
- Language/Profanity: Several instances where the Lord’s name is taken in vain.
- Sex/Nudity: Couples are shown kissing a few times. No. 3 (Gabrielle Union) wears a very form-fitting Star Trek-esque costume. Gina also wears cleavage-baring shirts. One of the space crew guys is blatantly gay and asks to be called Johnny Dazzle.
- Violence: Dave gets ran over by Gina’s speeding car after walking into a busy intersection. There’s also a hold-up of a convenience store where Dave ends up intervening. A few tense moments also happen toward the end when Dave tries to return home.
- Rude Humor: There are several scenes where scatological humor is involved—one when Dave extracts money from his backside, complete with scrunched-up faces that make one think something else is coming out. Ditto for a scene after Dave has consumed enough hot dogs—85 total—to win a contest and has to dispose of them in a bathroom stall (we hear what happens after the fact).
Christa Banister is a full-time freelancer writer, specializing in music, movies and books-related reviews and interviews and is the author of two novels, Around the World in 80 Dates and Blessed Are the Meddlers. Based in St. Paul, Minn., she also weighs in on various aspects of pop culture on her personal blog.
For more information, including her upcoming book signings and sample chapters of her novels, check out her Website.
Recently on Movies
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content