Uninspired Wolfman is a Howler
- Tuesday, February 16, 2010
- Language/Profanity: "D-mn"; "holy mother of God."
- Smoking/Drinking/Drugs: Cigars are offered.
- Sex/Nudity: Dream imagery includes a naked woman shown from behind, with the curve of a breast visible; some kissing.
- Violence/Crime: Man slashed in face and stomach; a corpse is shown; a dead woman has a razor in her hand and a pool of blood beneath her; wolfman attacks several men; a man's back is shown, flayed open; wolfman slices fingers off a man's hand, then pierces a man's neck, and his claws are shown coming out of the front of the man's mouth; wolfman tears flesh from a man's neck; limbs are ripped from bodies and tossed aside; attempted suicide; decapitations; Lawrence is struck with the butt of a gun; man treated in an asylum with injections, and by being dunked in ice-cold water and given electro-shock therapy; "kill me," a man pleads, right before he's killed; man is thrown out a window and is impaled on a gate below; two werewolves fight.
- Religion: The film opens with the saying, "Even a man who is pure of heart and says his prayers by night may become a wolf"; talk of "deviltry" and speculation that the wolfman is from the devil; a minister preaches on the power of Satan to change people into beasts, and uses Nebuchadnezzar as an example; Lawrence is told that "the darkest hours of hell lie before" him, just before he transforms into a werewolf; a man calls himself cursed and damned, and is said to have been forsaken by God; Lawrence crosses himself, prays, and says there is no help for him; a woman discusses the possibility of the existence of God; gypsy lore factors into the story; prodigal son story is referenced multiple times.
Recently on Movies
Can't Escape the GrindBut you can learn to enjoy your marriage in the middle of it
Walking with BilboHow fairy tales impacted the spiritual world of "The Hobbit"
Times are Tight for Everyone3 easy ways to cut expenses this Christmas
25 Rules of ChristmasOne father shares his list of what makes the holiday merry
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
advertise with us
Example: "Gen 1:1" "John 3" "Moses" "trust"
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content