Uninspired Wolfman is a Howler
- Tuesday, February 16, 2010
- Language/Profanity: "D-mn"; "holy mother of God."
- Smoking/Drinking/Drugs: Cigars are offered.
- Sex/Nudity: Dream imagery includes a naked woman shown from behind, with the curve of a breast visible; some kissing.
- Violence/Crime: Man slashed in face and stomach; a corpse is shown; a dead woman has a razor in her hand and a pool of blood beneath her; wolfman attacks several men; a man's back is shown, flayed open; wolfman slices fingers off a man's hand, then pierces a man's neck, and his claws are shown coming out of the front of the man's mouth; wolfman tears flesh from a man's neck; limbs are ripped from bodies and tossed aside; attempted suicide; decapitations; Lawrence is struck with the butt of a gun; man treated in an asylum with injections, and by being dunked in ice-cold water and given electro-shock therapy; "kill me," a man pleads, right before he's killed; man is thrown out a window and is impaled on a gate below; two werewolves fight.
- Religion: The film opens with the saying, "Even a man who is pure of heart and says his prayers by night may become a wolf"; talk of "deviltry" and speculation that the wolfman is from the devil; a minister preaches on the power of Satan to change people into beasts, and uses Nebuchadnezzar as an example; Lawrence is told that "the darkest hours of hell lie before" him, just before he transforms into a werewolf; a man calls himself cursed and damned, and is said to have been forsaken by God; Lawrence crosses himself, prays, and says there is no help for him; a woman discusses the possibility of the existence of God; gypsy lore factors into the story; prodigal son story is referenced multiple times.
Recently on Movies
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Example: "Gen 1:1" "John 3" "Moses" "trust"
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content