Moses appeals to the Israelites to live a life of faithful obedience to God.
Thomas Jefferson once said, "The price of liberty is eternal vigilance." If true politically, how much more so spiritually. "Take heed," Moses says three times in chapter 4. First, take heed and keep your soul diligently. Second, take heed that you not worship idols. Third, take heed that you not forget the covenant the Lord made with you.
These are all dangers for us today. How easily we get careless about the welfare of our souls. How easily we worship modern idols. How easily we forget the promises of the Lord. We, too, must take heed. The price of our spiritual strength is eternal vigilance.
· Offer praise to the Lord for His concern for our well-being:
You are worthy, O Lord,
To receive glory and honor and power;
For You created all things,
And by Your will they exist and were created (Revelation 4:11).
· Now pray this confession to the Lord as you reflect upon His forgiveness:
You have blotted out, like a thick cloud, my transgressions,
And like a cloud, my sins.
I return to You, for You have redeemed me
(based on Isaiah 44:22).
· As you confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind, voice your affirmation of God's Word:
Behold, God is my salvation,
I will trust and not be afraid;
For Yah, the Lord, is my strength and song;
He also has become my salvation
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· spiritual victory over the temptations you experience,
· revival among Christians in America and throughout the rest of the world,
· your prayer list.
· Now offer this prayer of worship to the Lord:
Let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us,
And establish the work of our hands for us;
Yes, establish the work of our hands