God covenants with Noah never to flood the earth again.
A person is only as good as his word. If he is true to his word, he can be trusted; if he is not, he cannot. It is as simple as that. God promised that He would never destroy the earth with a flood again. He went even further by saying, "While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, winter and summer, and day and night shall not cease" (based on Genesis 8:22). Then God set a rainbow in the sky as a sign of His promise.
For thousands of years, God has been true to His Word. We sometimes get discouraged during the tough times in life, because we tend to focus on our particular circumstances rather than the promises of God.
We must remember the rainbow. God is true to His Word. He can be trusted.
· Along with the psalmist, praise God for His wonderful trustworthiness:
I have trusted in Your mercy;
My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.
I will sing to the Lord,
Because He has dealt bountifully with me
· Now pray this confession to the Lord to keep your life in fellowship with Him:
Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice!
Have mercy also upon me, and answer me
· Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. As you agree with God's will, voice your affirmation of His Word:
I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 8:38-39).
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· greater trust in God's Word,
· the work of missions in China and the rest of the Orient,
· the concerns of your heart.
· Now offer this prayer of worship to the Lord, in whom you can have complete confidence:
The earth is the Lord's, and all its fullness,
The world and those who dwell therein.
For He has founded it upon the seas,
And established it upon the waters