Are You a Thermostat or Thermometer?
- Thursday, August 09, 2012
Questions to ask yourself:
1. Do I bring drama or peace into my home and family?
2. Do I give more than I take in relationships? Am I frequently concerned about “getting something” from a friendship? Do I keep tabs on who-owes-who?
3. Do I come to church asking the Lord to show me how to bless someone, or do I tell others how the service wasn’t up to par?
4. Do I spend more effort seeking out ways to encourage people or do I spend more effort criticizing and analyzing the faults of a circumstance or person?
April Motl is a pastor’s wife who serves along side her husband, Eric, at their church in Southern California. For more information about their ministry, or to sign up for the weekly summer give-aways, visit www.MotlMinistries.com. You can also follow their ministry on facebook and twitter and April’s crosswalk blog.
Publication date: August 9, 2012
Recently on Women
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content