Money Questions for Dating Couples
- Wednesday, July 11, 2012
9. How will we make financial decisions?
10. Who will manage the investments and what is your investment philosophy?
11. What are your expectations concerning our lifestyle—what do you want for a home, furniture, cars, clothes, vacations and gifts?
12. What do you think we should spend on our wedding?
13. What were your parent’s attitudes toward money? How have their attitudes influenced you? What was your previous spouse's attitude toward money, spending, and saving?
14. Do you think my parents or your parents will want to control us by using money? Is there a danger of overdependence on them? If so, how should we deal with this?
15. What has your family done for birthdays, Christmas and gift giving? What should we do?
16. To what extent should we help if we have needy family members?
17. When should our children begin to work and what is your philosophy of giving them allowances?
18. Do we both know Jesus Christ as our Savior? If not, what should we do?
19. Do we both have a solid understanding of what God says about handling money?
(By the way, if your answer to that last question is “no,” we suggest you pick up a copy of Howard’s book! It is available in bookstores everywhere and at your favorite online bookstore.)
Ron L. Deal is president of Smart Stepfamilies™, director of blended family ministries for FamilyLife®, a popular conference speaker on marriage and family matters, and author/coauthor of a series of DVD’s and books for stepfamilies including The Smart Stepfamily, The Remarriage Checkup (with David H. Olson), The Smart Stepmom (with Laura Petherbridge), The Smart Stepdad, and his latest Dating and the Single Parent. Learn more at www.smartstepfamilies.com.
Publication date: July 11, 2012
Recently on Budget
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content