Housing: Getting Your Single Largest Expense Right
- Wednesday, October 03, 2012
Both couples took tough, counter-cultural action, and they got to a better place financially, emotionally, relationally, and in other ways.
For most people, housing is the expense category that can make you or break you. Getting it right is essential for those who want to experience uncommon financial success.
What are your thoughts on my housing recommendations? Please leave a comment below.
Other posts in this series on the 11 principles that lead to simple, meaningful success:
- The Purpose of Money (Principle One: Know Who You Are)
- How to Recession-Proof Your Career (Principle Two: Earn Diligently)
- The Single Most Powerful Personal Finance Tool (Principle Three: Plan to Succeed)
- An Irrational Financial Act (Principle Four: Give Some Away)
- Common Questions About Biblical Generosity (a continuation of Principle Four)
- Pay Yourself Second (Principle Five: Put Some Away)
- The Debt Doctor Will See You Now (Principle Six: Ruthlessly Avoid Debt)
- Practical Steps for Getting Out of Debt (a continuation of Principle Six)
- The Essentials of Investing (Principle Seven: Patiently Pursue Interest)
- How to Build and Maintain a Strong Credit Score (Principle Eight: Manage Your Number)
- Playing a Great Game of Financial Defense (Principle Nine: Build Walls of Protection)
Matt Bell is Associate Editor at Sound Mind Investing, publisher of the best-selling investment newsletter written from a biblical perspective. Its core investment strategy has beaten the market in 11 of the past 13 years. He is also the author of Money and Marriage: A Complete Guide for Engaged and Newly Married Couples.
Publication date: October 3, 2012
Recently on Debt
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content