Why Credit Cards are So Dangerous
- Thursday, December 06, 2007
4. Don’t use your card to show off! One of the great marketing coups of the credit industry came several decades ago when some Einstein dreamed up the idea of the “gold card.” Suddenly, everyone felt prosperous. I can still remember getting my first gold card as a young businessman. I was so impressed by it. I can remember buying lunch for everyone at the table so they could all see that I had a gold card. What an idiot! I didn’t realize it was a gimmick and that every Whoper-Flopper at the Burger King already had one!
Remember, we don’t get credit cards to show off with. We get them for only two reasons: To pay bills and to keep records.
Steve Diggs presents the No Debt No Sweat! Christian Money Management Seminar at churches and other venues nationwide. Visit Steve on the Web at www.stevediggs.com or call 615-834-3063. The author of several books, today Steve serves as a minister for the Antioch Church of Christ in Nashville. For 25 years he was President of the Franklin Group, Inc. Steve and Bonnie have four children whom they have home schooled. The family lives in Brentwood, Tennessee.
• What you can do today to get out of debt and kill the Debt Monster
• A,B,C's of handling your money God's way
• How to save, invest, and retire wisely
• How mutual funds work
• How to stop fighting over money
• What to teach your kids about money
• Learn how home & car buying, college financing and insurance work.
• How to develop a budget that works -- forever!
• Features simple charts, graphs, and easy-to-use forms.
Recently on Finances
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content