Becoming a Servant Leader
- Monday, August 13, 2001
1. The assumption here has been that your relationship with God is in good shape. You cant lead where you will not walk.
2. Run to your wife and hold her. Tell her you love her. Then ask if there is something that needs to be done around the house.
3. Make plans to go out with her this week. Tell her you want to learn more about her. Bring pen and paper, ask questions, and LISTEN.
4. Pray for her every day. Ask her if she has anything specific she would like you to pray for. If she does not enjoy praying with you now, give her room. In time, as you make the effort to serve her on a daily basis, she will be more receptive to your requests to pray with her.
5. Help her figure out exactly what she would like to accomplish. Do not take over the planning for her, and dont push. Remember this is for her, to remind her that she is truly special and unique. God has a plan for her. Help her to realize that, and watch God revitalize your marriage.
Stephen Burns is a graduate of Eastern Pentecostal Bible College where he earned his Bachelor of Theology. A former pastor and youth speaker, he now ministers through his writing with a specific aim towards men. Happily married, he lives with his wife Julia in Ottawa, Canada, and is currently at work on his first novel. Stephen can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recently on Marriage
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content