Facts You Need to Know About Single Parents
- Sunday, September 01, 2002
By Andrea Butler
El Shaddai Ministries -
1. Single parents head thirty-one percent of American households. Married couples are only 25 percent of households.
2. Twenty-two million children in the United States go home to one parent; of those 83 percent are women.
3. Single parents consist of divorced, widows and never married parents (40%).
4. Most single parents are between the ages of 27 and 34.
5. One half of all single moms do not receive child support. Half of all children involved do not see their fathers on a regular basis two years after the breakup of the family.
6. Seventy percent of all single parent moms live in poverty.
7. Of those single parents who profess to be a Christian, only 5 percent attend church.
8. There are approximately 9.8 million mothers in the single
Recently on Single Parents
Just How "Epic" is It?Do the creators of "Ice Age" & "Rio" have another hit?
Can I Hate Terrorists?A reader Asks Roger about those who commit horrific acts
Start Your Own Garden5 reasons pulling weeds & watering seeds is worth it
Your Teen's FriendsShould you protect them, or let them help troubled peers?
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
advertise with us
Example: "Gen 1:1" "John 3" "Moses" "trust"
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Ne’er the Worldviews Shall Meet? Lena Dunham and Jane AustenEric Metaxas & John StonestreetListen now on OnePlace.com
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content