Jesus … Single Like Me: He Knew His Purpose
- Tuesday, May 18, 2010
- You have a choice on how you define your singleness.
- You have a choice on who you will follow.
- You have a choice on who you mentor/lead/influence.
- You have a choice on how to use the gifts that God has given you.
- You have a choice on what you leave behind.
I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do (John 17:4).
SOLO and its singles conference turned out to be more than me designing one banner. They used this as a way to find common ground with me. To start a relationship that, in turn, got me connected into the ministry of Christ. I served on this team week after week, praying, studying the Word of God, making new friends and eventually building my relationship with Christ to a level way beyond my imagination. SOLO and its leaders helped me find my purpose, my identity in Christ and direction for my life.
Questions for Discussion or Personal Exploration:
1. How would you define your relationship with Christ?
2. How has your relationship with Christ changed since you became a Christian?
3. How much time do you spend with Christ daily? Would you say your relationship is growing?
4. Do you now understand your purpose has nothing to do with being a parent, getting married, your job, or your material things? Do you know that it's about a relationship with Christ and as a result of that relationship, a relationship with others?
5. How does this change your future? What will you do differently?
6. Read Jeremiah 29:11. What does this mean to you?
7. Read Ephesians 4:12. What does this mean to you?
8. Knowing Christ was single and he had purpose, does this encourage you?
Start today to pray and ask God for how you can use your purpose to reach others for him. Remember, it must first start with building a relationship with Christ.
**This article first published on May 18, 2010.
Kris Swiatocho is the President and Director of TheSinglesNetwork.org Ministries and FromHisHands.com Ministries. Kris has served in ministry in various capacities for the last 20 years. An accomplished trainer and mentor, Kris has a heart to reach and grow leaders so they will in turn reach and grow others. She is currently working on her third Bible study, From the Manger to the Cross: The Men in Jesus' Life. Her second Bible study, From the Manger to the Cross: The Women in Jesus' Life, was published last fall and is available on her websites. Her first book, Singles and Relationships: A 31-Day Experiment, was co-authored with Dick Purnell of Single Life Resources.
TheSinglesNetwork.org Ministries helps churches, pastors and single adult leaders evaluate, develop and support their single adult ministries through high-energy speaking engagements, results-oriented consulting and training and leadership development conferences and seminars. Click here to request a FREE "How to Start a Single Adult Ministry" guide.
FromHisHands.com Ministries is Kris's speaking ministry. If you've ever heard her speak, you know that Kris is the kind of speaker who keeps the crowd captivated, shares great information and motivates people to make a difference in the lives of those around them! She speaks to all church audiences on everything from "first impression" ministry to women's topics to singles and young adults. She can speak on a Sunday morning, at a woman's retreat or for a single adults conference. Bring Kris to your church today!
Singles and Relationships by Kris Swiatocho and Dick Purnell
Many singles are Christians who wonder if God will ever bring a mate their way or if they should just stop focusing on a future with a marriage partner and live the single life to the fullest. Kris Swiatocho and Dick Purnell offer solid biblical answers for singles in this newest title in Dick's popular 31-Day Experiment Bible study.
Recently on Singles
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content