Where Are All the Healthy Christian Men?
- Tuesday, November 12, 2013
3. Encourage the men that are coming by empowering them to lead, even in the smallest of areas such as set/clean up, making announcements, picking someone up, etc. As they start with smaller responsibilities, you can add more.
4. Spend time with the men in your ministry to find out what they want to do.
5. Encourage your men to be involved in the men's ministry of your church, even setting up a mentoring program is possible. Work together to help grow your singles ministry.
6. Encourage your men to take camping and fishing trips, attend sporting events, and get together to help build each other up.
7. Involve the pastor(s) of your church and other leaders for help.
8. It's OK to be a single women's ministry as there is a need for that, too.
9. Involve other churches, combining resources including men.
10. Involve the younger men of your church to help with certain things such as set-up, greeting, ushering, running sound equipment. etc.
I know it may seem impossible to grow the men in your ministry but with time and prayer, it can happen.
Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God ALL THINGS are possible” (Matthew 19:26).
Note: You might want to also purchase the book, Why Men Hate Going to Church by David Murrow which may offer some additional insights.
Kris Swiatocho is the President and Director of TheSinglesNetwork.org Ministries and FromHisHands.com Ministries. Kris has served in ministry in various capacities for the last 25 years. An accomplished trainer and mentor, Kris has a heart to reach and grow leaders so they will in turn reach and grow others. She is the author of three books: Singles and Relationships: A 31-Day Experiment (co-authored with Dick Purnell of Single Life Resources); From the Manger to the Cross: The Women in Jesus' Life; and the most recent, Jesus, Single Like Me with Study Questions (includes a leader's guide and conference/retreat of the same name). Kris is currently working on her fourth book: FAQ's of Singles Ministry coming 2013.
TheSinglesNetwork.org Ministries helps churches, pastors and single adult leaders evaluate, develop and support their single adult ministries through high-energy speaking engagements, results-oriented consulting and training and leadership development conferences and seminars. Click here to request a FREE "How to Start a Single Adult Ministry" guide.
FromHisHands.com Ministries is Kris' speaking ministry. If you've ever heard her speak, you know that Kris is the kind of speaker who keeps the crowd captivated, shares great information and motivates people to make a difference in the lives of those around them! She speaks to all church audiences on everything from "first impression" ministry to women's topics to singles and young adults. She can speak on a Sunday morning, at a woman's retreat or for a single adults conference. Bring Kris to your church today!
Publication date: November 12, 2013
Recently on Singles
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content