Raising an Olympian: Gymnast Gabby Douglas
- Wednesday, August 01, 2012
Posted by 'inspiredfaith' on GodTube.comNatalie Hawkins, the mother of Olympic gymnast Gabby Douglas, found out quickly what it meant to let go. This brave single mother sent her youngest daughter to Des Moines, Iowa -- over 3,000 miles away from their home in Virginia Beach. This sacrifice was all in the name of accomplishing a big Olympic dream, but it was not in vain. Gabby went on to place first in the Olympic trials, guaranteeing her the first spot on the USA women's gymnastics team.
Recently Featured Videos
- Is There a Right Way to U...'ibelievedotcom' on GodTube.com
- Reaching the Suburbs for ...Christianity.com via GodTube.com
- New Skillet Album Rise...Stephen Sanders
- Star Trek Into Darknes...CrosswalkMovies on GodTube.com
- How Can I Come to Terms w...'ibelievedotcom' on GodTube.com
- Mom Rap'hulahan' on GodTube.com
- Iron Man 3: Overco...CrosswalkMovies on GodTube.com
- Does the Bible Actually T...Sam Allberry
- The Mom Song'skitguys' on GodTube.com
- Follow My Dreams, or Rais...'ibelievedotcom' on GodTube.com
- How Does Luke 15 Show God...Judah Smith
- How Can Busy Moms Take Be...'ibelievedotcom' on GodTube.com
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Example: "Gen 1:1" "John 3" "Moses" "trust"
advertise with us
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Ne’er the Worldviews Shall Meet? Lena Dunham and Jane AustenEric Metaxas & John StonestreetListen now on OnePlace.com
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content