Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus
- Thursday, January 12, 2012
Posted by 'bball1989' on GodTube.comA poem I wrote to highlight the difference between Jesus and false religion. In the scriptures Jesus received the most opposition from the most religious people of his day. At it's core Jesus' gospel and the good news of the Cross is in pure opposition to self-righteousness/self-justification. Religion is man centered, Jesus is God-centered. This poem highlights my journey to discover this truth. Religion either ends in pride or despair. Pride because you make a list and can do it and act better than everyone, or despair because you can't do your own list of rules and feel not good enough for God. With Jesus though you have humble confident joy because He represents you, you don't represent yourself and His sacrifice is perfect putting us in perfect standing with God!
Recently Featured Videos
- Star Trek Into Darknes...CrosswalkMovies on GodTube.com
- How Can I Come to Terms w...'ibelievedotcom' on GodTube.com
- Mom Rap'hulahan' on GodTube.com
- Iron Man 3: Overco...CrosswalkMovies on GodTube.com
- Does the Bible Actually T...Sam Allberry
- The Mom Song'skitguys' on GodTube.com
- Follow My Dreams, or Rais...'ibelievedotcom' on GodTube.com
- How Does Luke 15 Show God...Judah Smith
- How Can Busy Moms Take Be...'ibelievedotcom' on GodTube.com
- Duck Dynasty Family Rocks...'theremix' on GodTube.com
- All Mom Wants for Mothers...'skitzychicks' on GodTube.com
- Duck Dynasty’s Phil Rober...'christianitydotcom' on GodTube.com
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Example: "Gen 1:1" "John 3" "Moses" "trust"
advertise with us
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content