Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus
- Thursday, January 12, 2012
Posted by 'bball1989' on GodTube.comA poem I wrote to highlight the difference between Jesus and false religion. In the scriptures Jesus received the most opposition from the most religious people of his day. At it's core Jesus' gospel and the good news of the Cross is in pure opposition to self-righteousness/self-justification. Religion is man centered, Jesus is God-centered. This poem highlights my journey to discover this truth. Religion either ends in pride or despair. Pride because you make a list and can do it and act better than everyone, or despair because you can't do your own list of rules and feel not good enough for God. With Jesus though you have humble confident joy because He represents you, you don't represent yourself and His sacrifice is perfect putting us in perfect standing with God!
Recently Featured Videos
- Why Was Jesus’ Death on t...Philip Ryken
- Here's Your Chance to Sav...
- "Jesus Christ Is the Man"...'starwarsjesus' on GodTube.com
- Skit Guys - Palm Sunday'skitguys' on GodTube.com
- How Do I Know if He is "T...Nicole Unice
- If the Resurrection is So...'christianitydotcom' on GodTube.com
- Why Was Jesus' Death Nece...Philip Ryken
- Captain America: The W...CrosswalkMovies on GodTube.com
- How Do I Retain My Identi...'ibelievedotcom' on GodTube.com
- The Story of Easter Told ...'neids' on GodTube.com
- Did Jesus Drink Alcohol? ...Christianity.com via GodTube.com
- Is the KJV the Most Relia...Christianity.com via GodTube.com
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Example: "Gen 1:1" "John 3" "Moses" "trust"
advertise with us
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content