Stand Strong During Trials
Kelly BalarieKelly, often called a "Cheerleader of Faith", encourages other to live with passion and purpose. While Kelly has suffered through various mental, physical and financial trials, she has found God's unique plan in these dark places.
- 2017 Dec 05
I have very good intentions to meet daily with God. As much as I can, I carve out morning time to spend with him. Most mornings, I put him first when I wake up. Although not lately.
This burdens me. Jesus is seed for my life. I either grow life, or…I don’t.
Many of us find seeds thrown down, but as shown in Matthew 13, one of these 4 things happens:
1. The birds eat them after they were thrown on the path.
The enemy comes and gets you caught in discouragement, despair or doubt. He steals clarity regarding this word and replaces it with confusion. Nothing takes root.
2. They fall on shallow soil with rock underneath. Plants spring up quickly, then die in the sun because they don’t go deep.
Your heart is not prepared to embrace it and the insecurity and worry underneath prevents it from growing. Trials become issues that cut off the life God wants to grow. Nothing takes deep root, so you fall over when heavy winds come.
3. Thorns choke out the tender growth.
Distractions of the world (phone notifications, schedules, agendas, television, worries and worldly pursuits) crowd out the faith, hope and love God desires to grow within you.
4. They grow deep into fertile soil.
Deep within you, roots grow. They reach not just the surface level of your being, but the inner heart-places of your being. They change you from the inside out with true and lasting transformation.
To let God in you, into the deep, is to have your life deeply changed.
What can you do to cultivate fertile ground? How can you prepare your heart to receive the best of God?
Here are a couple ideas and resources...
1. Seek God with humility: Be prepared to have him point out areas in your life He wants to change.
2. Get a good daily devotional. For example, I am a contributor to the 365-day (in)Courage devotional called, “A Moment to Breathe.” It is a great way to start your day from the place of the heart. Learn more.
3. Look for God. Take notice of themes and of moves of God in your life. He may be calling you to something or re-teaching you something he really wants you to grasp.
4. Yield to His ways. Rather than pushing forward with what seems right (see: #3), go with what God says is right and let him teach you through your discomfort along the way.
Fertile hearts get deep roots that keep standing during the worst of storms. The high winds and trials of life can’t knock them over.
About "A Moment to Breathe"
With 365 readings, from 80 writers (including myself) each day begins with a passage of Scripture, tells a story of everyday faith, and encourages you to take a moment to breathe with a simple but fun way to complete your day. So kick off your shoes and join us for a relaxing but special time, where friends come together and share the real stuff of everyday faith.
Learn more about A Moment to Breathe.
Or, book Kelly to speak at your next women's event or conference.