Just reading the article’s headline, “Superhero Window Washers Assemble at Children's Hospital” is enough to make you smile. A hospital staffer at Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital, where the event took place, described the reactions of the young patients to the sight of Superman, Spiderman, Batman and Captain America outside their hospital rooms’ windows: “It was incredible… There were screams of joy and amazement. So many smiles.”
The hospital in Pennsylvania is only the latest in a list of medical centers using this superhero window-washer tactic to bring joy to little kids going through big trials. I’m glad. The staff at these hospitals are following the biblical principle of going the extra mile – making an additional effort on behalf of someone else.
I hope we can all draw inspiration from these men and women, and ask ourselves what we can do to make someone else smile!
How can we be a blessing?
Let’s ask God to infuse our service-minded hearts with creativity for the benefit of others.
Have a great weekend – and consider making it a great one for someone else, too.
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Follow me on Facebook
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- Should Christians Be Better Tippers Than Non-Christians?Wednesday, December 11, 2013
- Click Here for the Best Programs of the YearTuesday, December 10, 2013
- Why Did This Painting Sell for $46 Million?Monday, December 09, 2013
- Give the Gift of Family this ChristmasFriday, December 06, 2013
- 5 Things Christians Can Learn from AdoptionThursday, December 05, 2013
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content