Just reading the article’s headline, “Superhero Window Washers Assemble at Children's Hospital” is enough to make you smile. A hospital staffer at Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital, where the event took place, described the reactions of the young patients to the sight of Superman, Spiderman, Batman and Captain America outside their hospital rooms’ windows: “It was incredible… There were screams of joy and amazement. So many smiles.”
The hospital in Pennsylvania is only the latest in a list of medical centers using this superhero window-washer tactic to bring joy to little kids going through big trials. I’m glad. The staff at these hospitals are following the biblical principle of going the extra mile – making an additional effort on behalf of someone else.
I hope we can all draw inspiration from these men and women, and ask ourselves what we can do to make someone else smile!
How can we be a blessing?
Let’s ask God to infuse our service-minded hearts with creativity for the benefit of others.
Have a great weekend – and consider making it a great one for someone else, too.
Follow me on Twitter @Dalyfocus
Follow me on Facebook
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Daly
- WATCH: Elderly Couple Demonstrates Marital JoyTuesday, April 15, 2014
- WATCH: Behind the Scenes of Focus’ “Irreplaceable” MovieMonday, April 14, 2014
- Who’s the Better Christian?Friday, April 11, 2014
- WATCH: Help Your Family Thrive for 3 GenerationsThursday, April 10, 2014
- Can Our Film “Irreplaceable” Rise Above Censorship Efforts?Wednesday, April 09, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content