The Nielsen Company has released a report that provides extensive information on the current landscape pertaining to teen media behavior. Too much info for this post, but click-through to the source article for more in-depth information. Here's a summary of the findings:
• Are the heaviest mobile video viewers of all age groups.
• Are more receptive to mobile advertising than other age groups.
• Out-text all other age groups. Teens 13-17 send an average of 3,364 texts per month, more than doubling the rate of the next active age group (18-24).
• Talk less on the phone than other age groups. Only seniors 65-plus talk on their phones less.
• Are social media mavens. 78.7 percent visit social networking sites.
• Watch less TV than the general population, watching less than other age groups. Still, teen TV viewing has increased 6% over the past five years.
• Love the Internet, but spend less time browsing than other age groups.
Source: Center for Media Research
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Liebelt
- Teens Who Try E-Cigarettes Are More Likely to Try Tobacco TooFriday, March 07, 2014
- What's Hot? 03/07/14Friday, March 07, 2014
- Over Half of Millennials Have Shared a ‘Selfie’Thursday, March 06, 2014
- Judge Rules Against Teen Who Sued Parents for Financial SupportWednesday, March 05, 2014
- Smoking Tied to Changes in the Structure of Teen BrainsTuesday, March 04, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content