The Nielsen Company has released a report that provides extensive information on the current landscape pertaining to teen media behavior. Too much info for this post, but click-through to the source article for more in-depth information. Here's a summary of the findings:
• Are the heaviest mobile video viewers of all age groups.
• Are more receptive to mobile advertising than other age groups.
• Out-text all other age groups. Teens 13-17 send an average of 3,364 texts per month, more than doubling the rate of the next active age group (18-24).
• Talk less on the phone than other age groups. Only seniors 65-plus talk on their phones less.
• Are social media mavens. 78.7 percent visit social networking sites.
• Watch less TV than the general population, watching less than other age groups. Still, teen TV viewing has increased 6% over the past five years.
• Love the Internet, but spend less time browsing than other age groups.
Source: Center for Media Research
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Recently by Jim Liebelt
- Physically Neglected Boys Are More Likely To Become Violent AdolescentsWednesday, August 20, 2014
- Cost of Raising a Child Born in 2013 Nears $250KTuesday, August 19, 2014
- Fewer Children Being Born Outside Of Marriage Monday, August 18, 2014
- What's Hot? 08/15/14Friday, August 15, 2014
- Part Time Teen Job Means Better Earnings Later In LifeThursday, August 14, 2014
Recently on Crosswalk Blogs
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content