"Teach me your ways, O LORD, that I may live according to your truth! Grant me purity of heart, so that I may honor you." Psalm 86:11 NLT
Thoughts for Today
The lies of pornography are subtle and entice many people to live a degraded lifestyle. To combat lies, everything must be compared to the truth of God's Word. Truth is objective. Jesus is the truth. The Bible is the truth. If the lies of pornography have ensnared you, the objective aspect of truth is vital for your restoration. Let the truth of God's Word, rather than personal preferences, be your standard.
The world today would have us believe that there is no such thing as objective truth. Another lie. If there is no objective truth, then there are no such things as ethics and morals … each person can do whatever he or she wants. The result is chaos.
You can be set free from your addiction to pornography. Come to Jesus. Ask for his forgiveness and his help. And then start spending more time in the Bible. Find verses that relate to your need. Let the truth of the Bible renew your mind and transform your life. Only then will you know the truth … and the truth will set you free.
Lord, teach me your ways so that I may live according to your truth. Grant me purity of heart so that I might honor you. In Jesus' name …
These thoughts were drawn from…
Crossroads: Choosing the Road to Sexual Purity by David E. Longacre.
- Describes the sexual addiction process
- Shows how the sin of proximity often precedes sexual sins
- Shows the way out of sexual addiction
- Presents biblical insights to help a person break free and stay free
- Gives practical actions for renewing the mind
- Shows how recognizing lies can help reject them for the truth of God's Word
- Serves as a powerful evangelistic tool by providing a way to minister to people's felt needs and then pointing them to Christ
PO Box 22127 ~ Chattanooga, Tennessee 37421 ~ 423-899-4770
© Living Free 2007. Living Free is a registered trademark. Living Free Every Day devotionals may be reproduced for personal use. When reproduced to share with others, please acknowledge the source as Living Free, Chattanooga, TN. Must have written permission to use in any format to be sold. Permission may be requested by sending e-mail to [email protected].