10 Ways To Make Special Occasions Special
- Tuesday, February 11, 2014
- BYOB - Bring your own beverage (alcohol-free) or healthy dishes.
- Don’t arrive in a state of HALT. Recognize your vulnerability when you are Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired.
- Flee temptation, and that may mean skipping the event. But you can substitute the event by organizing your own with a healthy crowd, healthy environment that allows for a less hazy, and memorable experience.
- Think about how you want to feel the next day. Would your behavior make you or Jesus proud? Would it be what you want to be doing if he returned unannounced?
- Ask God to show you how to have fun. We’re used to allowing the world to tell us how to have fun. But what if we asked Him? He created laughter, and He told us he would give us abundant life, so why not ask Him?
Remember, God is not a kill-joy and following Him is not a drag. Sometimes we need to say no to say yes. Perhaps the hardest times to follow Him are during the celebrations of life when the world is saying, “treat yourself, have more.” But remember Jesus said in John 6:35, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.”
*As the founder and president of Every Man Ministries, Kenny Luck’s experience as the men’s pastor at Saddleback Church helped him to create the blueprint for a men’s ministry. Tools, tips, and resources are at men’s fingertips with the Sleeping Giant program. Watch Kenny’s teachings at EveryManMinistries.com.
Recently on Men
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content