While hiking in the countryside, my friend Eve and I spotted a huge bed of mushrooms that we knew to be edible. We gathered a large basketful and sauteed them that night.

My husband Dick refused to eat them, thinking they might be poisonous.

Two weeks later, Eve and I gathered some more mushrooms.  This time, Dick joined us.

"How is it that you're eating these mushrooms tonight," I asked, "when you wouldn't touch the ones we brought home two weeks ago?"

"I thought about it," Dick explained seriously, "and I figured it would be better to be found dead with you two than to try to explain two dead women in our home."

Submitted by: Brknshll