Things I learned since Hurricane Isabel
- Thursday, October 02, 2003
* TV is an addiction and the withdrawal symptoms are painful.
*One day at a time brother
* A 7 lb bag of ice will chill 6-12 oz Coke's to a drinkable temperature in 11 minutes, and still keep a 14 lb. turkey frozen for 8 more hours.
* There are a lot of dang trees around here
* Flood plane drawings on some mortgage documents were seriously wrong.
* Contrary to most Richmond, Virginia's natives' beliefs, speed limit on roads without traffic lights does not increase.
* Aluminum siding, while aesthetically pleasing, is definitely not required.
* Just because you're 50 doesn't mean you can stay out as late as you want. At least that's what the Richmond cops told me during curfew stop.
* Crickets can increase their volume to overcome the sound of 14 generators
* People will get into a line that has already formed without having any idea what the line is for.
* When required, a Lincoln Continental will float, doesn't steer well but floats just the same.
Recently on General Humor
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content