Lessons Learned From Hurricane Isabel
- Sunday, October 12, 2003
- Coffee and frozen pizzas can be made on a BBQ grill.
- No matter how many times you flick the switch, lights don't work without electricity.
- My car gets 23.21675 miles per gallon, EXACTLY (you can ask the people in line who helped me push it).
- Kids can survive 4 days or longer without a video game controller in their hand.
- He who has the biggest generator wins.
- Women can actually survive without doing their hair -- you just wish they weren't around you.
- A new method of non-lethal torture -- cold showers
- Dominion Virginia Power and VDOT are the same company -- not really, but their abilities to plan are strikingly similar.
- There are a lot more stars in the sky than most people thought.
- TV is an addiction and the withdrawal symptoms are painful.
- There are a lot of big, I mean very big, trees around here.
- Flood plane drawings on some mortgage documents were seriously wrong.
- Crickets can increase their volume to overcome the sound of 14 generators.
- People will get into a line that has already formed without having any idea what the line is for.
- Some things do keep the mailman from his appointed rounds.
- Cell phones work when land lines are down, but only as long as the battery remains charged.
- 27 of your neighbors are fed from a different transformer than you, and they are quick to point that out!
- Hampers can only contain a certain amount of clothes
- If I had a store that sold only ice, chain saws, gas and generators...I'd be rich.
- Price of peanut butter and bread rises 200% in a storm
- Your waterfront property can quickly become someone else's fishing hole.
- Tree service companies are under appreciated
- I learned what happens when you make fun of another state's blackout.
- MATH 101: 30 days in month, minus 6 days without power equals 30% higher electric bill ?????
- Drywall is a compound word, take away the 'dry" part and its worthless.
- I can walk a lot farther than I thought.
- The only good thing about not having telephones -- you haven't had a call from a telemarketer lately, have you?
Recently on Mind Benders
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content