White House New Language
- Tuesday, July 01, 2003
1. The engine's runnin' but ain't nobody driving.
2. As welcome as a skunk at a lawn party.
3. Tighter than bark on a tree.
(Not very generous)
4. Big hat, no cattle.
(All talk and no action)
5. We've howdy'd but we ain't shook yet.
(We've made a brief acquaintance, but not been formally introduced)
6. He thinks the sun come up just to hear him crow.
(He has a pretty high opinion of himself)
7. She's got tongue enough for 10 rows of teeth.
(That woman can talk)
8. It's so dry the trees are bribin' the dogs.
(We really could use a little rain around here)
9. Just because a chicken has wings doesn't mean it can fly.
(Appearances can be deceptive)
10. This ain't my first rodeo.
(I've been around awhile)
11. He looks like the dog's been keepin' him under the porch.
(Not the most handsome of men)
12. They ate supper before they said grace.
(Living in sin)
13. Time to paint your backside and run with the antelope.
(Stop arguing and do as you're told)
14. As full of wind as a corn-eating horse.
(Rather prone to boasting)
15. You can put your boots in the oven, but that
doesn't make them biscuits.
(You can say whatever you want about something, but that doesn't change what it is)
Recently on Political Humor
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content