- Monday, July 19, 2004
Cavalier Jokes - Or An Ode to the University of Virginia
1. Did you hear that they outlawed "the wave" at Scott Stadium?
Two poor Cavaliers drowned at a game last year.
2. Did you hear about the Cavalier that drove his pickup into the lake?
His dog drowned while he tried to get the tailgate down.
3. Did you hear about the skeleton they just found in an old building at Scott Stadium?
It was the 1908 hide and seek champion.
4. Did you hear about the Cavalier who was tap dancing?
He broke his ankle when he fell into the sink.
5. Why don't Cavaliers eat barbecue beans?
Because they keep falling through the holes in the grill.
6.. Why don't Cavaliers use 911 in an emergency?
Because they can't find "eleven" on the phone dial.
7. How can you tell a Cavalier is on location at a drilling rig?
He's the one throwing bread to the helicopters.
8. How many Cavaliers does it take to eat an Possum ?
Three. One to do the eating, and two to watch for cars.
9. Two Cavalier builders were working on a house. One Cavalier was on a ladder nailing. He'd reach into his nail pouch, pull out a nail, look at it, and either toss it over his shoulder or proceed to nail it into the wood. The other Cavalier couldn't stand it any longer and yells up, "Why are you throwing some of the nails away?"
The first Cavalier explained, "When I pull it out of my nail pouch, if it's pointed toward me I throw it away. If it's pointed toward the house, then I can use it!"
The second Cavalier got real excited and called him all kinds of names, explaining, "Don't throw away those nails that are pointed toward you! They're for the other side of the house!!"
10. An Cavalier decides to raise chickens. So, he goes to the feed store and buys some chicks. He takes the chicks home, and plants them with their heads sticking up. He waters them, but they die. He goes back to the feed store and tells the proprietor that he bought defective chicks, and gets another set. This time he plants them with their heads sticking down. He waters them, but they die.
He then sends a letter to his Alma Mater, describing the problem. They send a letter back asking for a soil sample.
11. Ice is no longer available in the drinks at the cafeterias at UVA. The senior who knew the recipe graduated.
12. A Cavalier happens across a professor who is staring intently into an aquarium. The Cavalier, says, "Professor, what are you doing?" The professor answers, "I'm attempting mental telepathy with this fish.
You see, if my mind is stronger than theirs, I can control their thoughts. Umm, why don't you try it!"
The Cavalier, certain of his ability to successfully control the fish, stares into the tank for a few seconds. Then, all of the sudden, his eyes start bugging and his mouth makes a little 'o' shape like he's pushing water through his gills.
Recently on Sports Humor
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content