Things I've Learned About Virginia
- Thursday, July 22, 2004
- Possums will sleep in the road with their feet in the air.
- There are 5000 types of snakes and 4998 of them live in Virginia.
- There are 10000 types of spiders. All 10000 live in Virginia, plus a couple that nobody has seen before. (And they're all in my back yard).
- Squirrels will eat anything.
- Unknown critters love to dig holes under tomato plants.
- Raccoons will test your crop of melons and let you know when they're ripe.
- If it grows it sticks; if it crawls it bites.
- A tractor is NOT an all-terrain vehicle. they do get stuck.
- "Onced" and "twiced" are words.
- It is not a shopping cart, it is a buggy.
- Fire ants consider your skin a picnic.
- People actually grow and eat okra.
- "Fixinto" is one word.
- There's no such thing as "lunch". There's "dinner" and then there's "supper".
- Sweet tea is appropriate for all meals, and you start drinking it when you're 2.
- "Backwards and forwards" means "I know everything about you".
- "Jeet" is actually a phrase meaning "Did you eat?"
Recently on Travel Humor
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content