You Know You're From Virginia If . . .
- Thursday, July 22, 2004
- You measure distance in minutes.
- You've ever had to switch from heat to air conditioning in the same day.
- You see a car running in a store parking lot no matter what time of year.
- You use "fix" as a verb. Example: I'm fixing to go to the store.
- All festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect or animal.
- You carry jumper cables in your car for your OWN car.
- You only know 4 spices: salt, pepper, Texas Pete, and ketchup.
- The local newspapers cover national and international news on one page and six pages for local gossip and sport.
- You think the first day of deer season is a national holiday.
- You find 100o (38oC) "a little warm".
- You know all four seasons: almost summer, summer, still summer, and Christmas.
- Going to Wal-Mart is a favourite pastime known as "Goin' Walmartin'" or "Off to Wally World".
- You describe the first cool snap (below 70o or 21oC) as good pinto bean weather.
- Fried catfish is the other white meat.
Recently on Travel Humor
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content