You Might Be From New York City If......
- Friday, March 18, 2005
* You say "the city" and expect everyone to know that this means Manhattan.
* You have never been to the Statue of Liberty or the Empire State Building.
* The subway makes sense to you, and the subway should never be called anything like the Metro.
* Your door has more than three locks and is made of steel.
* You think Central Park is "nature."
* You pay more each month to park your car than most people in the US pay on their mortgage.
* You haven't seen more than 12 stars in the night sky since you went away to camp as a kid.
* You pay $5 without blinking for a beer that cost the bar 28 cents.
* You have 27 different take-out menus next to your telephone.
* Going to Brooklyn is considered a "road trip." Of course, you only go there to attend weddings or funerals.
* America west of the Hudson is still theoretical to you.
* You have jaywalking down to an art form. You're born with it.
* You take a taxi to get to your health club to exercise.
* You don't hear sirens anymore.
* You live in a building with a larger population than most American towns.
Recently on Travel Humor
Have something to say about this article? Leave your comment via Facebook below!
Listen to Your Favorite Pastors
Add Crosswalk.com content to your siteBrowse available content