Don’t Let Fear Keep You from God’s Vision
By Rick Warren
“The fear of human opinion disables; trusting in God protects you from that.” Proverbs 29:25 (The Message)
Anyone who has ever tried to do anything great has, at some point, come face-to-face with naysayers.
- When the Wright brothers tried to fly their first plane, people told them it would never work because humans can’t fly.
- When Moses led the Israelites across the desert, the people complained: “We’re going to die! We want to go back to Egypt!”
- When John F. Kennedy said the United States would send a man to the moon, many people said it could never be done.
If these people had let the naysayers discourage them, imagine where the world would be today! While some naysayers have evil plans, not all naysayers are bad people. Some may truly want what’s best for you. They may even love you.
But they’re not God.
So don’t treat their opinions like you would God’s opinions.
Some of you have been disabled by the opinions of others and you don’t even realize it. Others have become addicted to the approval of others.
But consider another translation of Proverbs 29:25: “It is dangerous to be concerned with what others think of you, but if you trust the Lord, you are safe” (GNT).
Other people’s opinions can sidetrack you from God’s purpose for your life.
When you give more weight to the opinions of others than you do to God’s opinion, you stay on the sidelines when God wants you in the game. You stay locked up in a prison of self-made fear.
Don’t let that happen.
Let go of your fears and trust God’s vision for your life. He’s your biggest cheerleader. He wants you to succeed, and he’s working in your life so you will.
For more Daily Hope with Rick Warren, please visit pastorrick.com!
Discover the Key to Resting in the Goodness of God
Start trusting God’s goodness in every area of life by exploring Psalm 23 with Pastor Rick’s Living in the Goodness of God Guided Bible Study.
This beautiful, interactive, book will help you . . .
• Revolutionize your life and your relationships
• Recharge your body and mind
• Create a habit of worship instead of worry
• Practice loving God and others well
• Use your time for the things that matter most
• Stop comparing and start being content
• And so much more!
We’ll send you the Living in the Goodness of God Guided Bible Study as thanks for your gift today to help share the Gospel with more people around the world through Daily Hope.
Request your copy of this one-of-a-kind spiritual growth tool today—and start resting in the goodness of God.
*The USA IRS code permits you to deduct the amount of your financial gift to Daily Hope that exceeds the fair market value of materials you received from Daily Hope.
This devotional © 2018 by Rick Warren. All rights reserved. Used by permission.
You can listen to Rick Warren on OnePlace.com.