Don’t Stop Dreaming Great Dreams
By Rick Warren
“God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams.” Ephesians 3:20 (The Message)
God gives everyone different dreams so that all his purposes are fulfilled in the world. That’s why you’re passionate about some things and couldn't care less about others. God made you to be you. And you’re responsible to fulfill the dream he gave you.
But how do you know if your dream is from God? There are two ways you can tell. One, a God-given dream will somehow help others; it won’t be self-centered. And, two, a dream God gives will be so big that you won’t be able to achieve it in your own power. It’s as if God says, “The dream I have for you is so big that you’re bound to fail if you don’t depend on me.”
Many people hold back from dreaming great dreams—and you’ll often hear them say one of three things:
1. “I don't have a dream because they’re scary.” Well, of course they’re scary. That's why dreams require faith. Every major decision I've made in the last 40-plus years as pastor of Saddleback Church has scared me to death. So I just decided a long time ago not to base my life on fear—and, instead, just to do the thing that I fear.
That's what courage is. If you're not afraid, you don't need courage. Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is when you do what you know God has told you to do even though it scares you.
2. “I’m not going after my dream because I don’t have peace about it.” The truth is that you’re not going to have peace about a dream until you take the first step towards it. God doesn't give you the peace you need before you make the move. Of course you have fears, but when you step into the water and watch the waves part, peace comes.
3. “I used to have a dream, but it never happened.” If God has given you a dream and it hasn't come true yet, don't despair. There's always a delay between the dream and the fulfillment.
In fact, delays are part of the journey because God uses them to build your faith. God's timing is always perfect.
God uses your dreams—the scary dreams, the dreams you don’t have peace about, and the dreams that haven’t happened yet—to grow your faith and do great things!
For more Daily Hope with Rick Warren, please visit pastorrick.com!
God designed your body to thrive, and he provided everything you need to lead a healthy lifestyle, inside and out.
And we want to help you launch your journey to health with an essential roadmap to success: The Daniel Plan small group study, centered on the five essentials of faith, food, fitness, focus, and friends.
In this six-session DVD plus workbook study, Pastor Rick Warren, along with Dr. Daniel Amen and Dr. Mark Hyman teach you simple ways to incorporate healthy choices into your daily lifestyle.
• Faith: Nurturing Your Soul
• Food: Enjoying God’s Abundance
• Fitness: Strengthening Your Body
• Focus: Renewing Your Mind
• Friends: Encouraging Each Other
• Living the Lifestyle
This small group study is a vital component of The Daniel Plan, and we’ll send you a copy as thanks for your gift today to help take the hope of Jesus to the world through Daily Hope.,
So request your copy of The Daniel Plan study kit when you give below—and thanks for your support!
*The USA IRS code permits you to deduct the amount of your financial gift to Daily Hope that exceeds the fair market value of materials you received from Daily Hope.
This devotional © 2018 by Rick Warren. All rights reserved. Used by permission.
You can listen to Rick Warren on OnePlace.com.