Learning to Love Difficult People
By Rick Warren
“If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone” (Romans 12:18 NIV).
One of the most important skills we can develop as we walk with Christ is to love difficult people.
Here are four methods Jesus modeled when he encountered difficult people:
- Realize you can’t please everybody.Even God can’t do that! Refuse to play games (Matthew 22:18).
- Learn to say no to unrealistic expectations.Confront them by “speaking the truth in love” (Ephesians 4:15a NIV).
- Never retaliate (Matthew 5:38-39).It only lowers you to their level.
- Pray for them (Matthew 5:44).It will help both of you. Let God speak to them.
Use these methods to learn to love the difficult people in your life so that you can become more like Jesus.
Talk It Over
- How will it help if you pray for people who are difficult?
- What does it mean to speak the truth in love?
- Why do you think we often have the urge to please even the difficult people in our lives?
For more Daily Hope with Rick Warren, please visit pastorrick.com!
The Purpose of Christmas Book
Would you like to experience a deep and meaningful Christmas? In his book called, The Purpose Of Christmas Pastor Rick Warren shows you how Christmas is designed to meet your three deepest needs and how receiving God’s three Christmas gifts to you this year will transform your life forever. This book is one to be read every Christmas and to be shared with your friends who may not know the true meaning of Christmas. We’ll send you a hardcover copy of the inspiring and beautifully illustrated book The Purpose Of Christmas By Rick Warren, as our way of saying thanks for your financial support of Daily Hope. We’re sure that God will use it to stir up hope, peace and gratitude in your heart this Christmas season.
This devotional © 2016 by Rick Warren. All rights reserved. Used by permission.
You can also listen to Rick Warren on OnePlace.com.